To post or not to post, that is the question! Okay, why not! 

Today turned out to be one of THOSE MONDAYS. I woke up five minutes before I was supposed to leave for school and no, I am not posting a picture of what I looked like today. Suffice it to say that I have looked betta.........! Since I barely had time to get my clothes on, I ran out the door without breakfast...or lunch. I try to pack a lunch every day since you have to pre-order at my school. 

I make it into the parking lot with a smug look on my face only to realize that I couldn't find my keys when I got to my classroom door. I searched my pockets and looked in my big teacher satchel but they were nowhere to be found. It had started raining as I made my way back out to the parking lot. I searched all through my car but couldn't find them. I trudged back inside where I had left my tennis shoes and purse parked beside my locked door.

I picked them up and headed through the door to my teammate's room that adjoins with mine. I plopped my tennis shoes down on my chair when I heard a ping. You guessed it! My keys  had slipped inside the sole of one shoe where it caught at the toe. 

School started and things were looking up..... with one exception. I was hungry. I mean, I was really hungry. Finally, it was snack time. I asked around on my hall to see if anybody had any snacks to spare....nada! I even resorted to checking the trashcan to see if one of my charges threw away a perfectly good snack today.....but they didn't.  I went to the workroom to see if there was any food in there but, there was none to be found. I was dejectedly headed back toward my room when I found an open box of Cinnamon flavored Metamucil fiber wafers. I wolfed two down...and those things were delicious. They were really crisp and crunchy and I am was a sucker for Cinnamon flavored anything. I figured it wouldn't hurt to have two more......I was sooooooooo hungry. I had a couple of glasses of water because I figured that might fill me up too.

I went back to my classroom and all was well. I kept counting the minutes until  lunch. Sometimes in the middle and high school, they have a few extra lunches to sell. I thought surely today I would  get lucky and be able to get something but there were none to be had. I trudged back toward my room when I remembered that there had been one pack of those wafers left in the Metamucil box, so I snagged them.

After lunch, I was in the middle of teaching when I told my assistant I would be right back and literally flew to the bathroom we share with the other class. After some time, kindergartners from both classes started pounding on the door. "Who is in there?" "Why are you taking so long?" "When are you coming out?" "Can you hurry up?"

When I finally sheepishly emerged, I got some rather stern looks from my students.  I heard the teacher across the hall telling her students to be sure and read the directions. It would have been nice if I had done that before wolfing down three packs of those darn wafers today.

I don't care how hungry I am next time.....I am turning up my nose at  fiber wafers.....sigh!

33 comments

  1. Theresa Milstein // May 17, 2010 at 9:10 PM  

    You know what I love about your posts? I've done all similar things. And like you, when I've completely rushed and gotten befuddled (where are those keys?), I share it.

    I laughed and sympathized with you all the way.

  2. Alexandra // May 17, 2010 at 9:28 PM  

    Oh! Do you know how funny that was!!

    You should think about sending it in to LOL, laffylady@gmail.com

    THis is perfect for that site.

  3. One Photo // May 17, 2010 at 9:33 PM  

    I am so sorry you had one of "those days" today - but I have to tell you the recounting of it had me laughing out loud as I read it. So thank you for making me smile. Look on the bright side, you've inadvertently given yourself a "cleansing" and no doubt knocked off a few pounds in the process so tomorrow you can eat, drink and be merry - I hope :-)

  4. T.J. // May 17, 2010 at 9:47 PM  

    Sounds like "VKT and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good Very Bad Day" to me!

    Hope tomorrow will be a better day- hey at least you will feel "cleansed" ;)

  5. Shell // May 17, 2010 at 9:50 PM  

    OMG, you poor thing!

    Dh once ate 3 of my fiber one bars, not realizing what they were. Each one had 9g of fiber. LOL

  6. Peggy // May 17, 2010 at 10:05 PM  

    You had quite the day! This story could actually be used for a TV comedy show:)
    Hope your hunger pains have subsided!

  7. Ms. A // May 17, 2010 at 10:06 PM  

    I need some of those. My family always tells me I'm full of it. But, I'll chose to eat them at home.

  8. Oka // May 17, 2010 at 10:25 PM  

    I hate days like that, and yes I have had a few.

  9. Debbiedoos // May 17, 2010 at 10:38 PM  

    SO in other words, they really work LOL!!~

  10. Hills N Valleys // May 17, 2010 at 10:38 PM  

    I'm sorry....I'm ROTFLMAO!! so funny yet so not!! I'm guessing you will NEVER forget to pack or order lunch again. Also I'm guessing the wafers at least cleaned things out! hahahah

    I always put stuff in your blog about gladly excepting advice for planning for our next school year...especially for my A~man...but never come back to see if you respond. My email is jccapps at mindspring dot com .

  11. Bossy Betty // May 17, 2010 at 11:02 PM  

    So what did we learn today, teacher?

    OK, OK, sorry about that! Tomorrow will be a better day, I am sure and you'll feel so.....light too!

  12. Andrea // May 17, 2010 at 11:05 PM  

    Bless your heart....
    Sending prayers,
    andrea

  13. Cheeseboy // May 17, 2010 at 11:55 PM  

    Ha ha! Snack time is more for me than the kids, I think. I get grumpy without my snack. You do not want to tick me off!

  14. Bernie // May 18, 2010 at 1:21 AM  

    So sorry.....grins.

    I didn't know they did that to you, it was a lesson well learned my friend but I don't like the thought of you being hungry.

    Hope tomorrow starts off better for you......:-) Hugs

  15. Bits-n-Pieces // May 18, 2010 at 2:09 AM  

    oh my!! what an adventure!

    I was hungry when I got home, having had to run errands during my 20 minute lunch break and not getting to eat. I can so relate!!

  16. Cheryl // May 18, 2010 at 8:34 AM  

    I'm still shaking my head and laughing. I agree with the Empress. Send it over to Laffy Lady. Consider it your civic duty to inform others of the dangers of a wee bit too much fiber. (The water was a brilliant stroke of genius.)

  17. Unknown // May 18, 2010 at 10:59 AM  

    LOL! I'm so sorry!!! Maybe this will remind you to pack some non perishable snacks to keep in your desk for future bad days!

    (((HUGS)))

  18. ellen // May 18, 2010 at 11:03 AM  

    These day are horrible. I can recall that also. I have done something similar. When I was 17 years old, I decided to make tea for breakfast for the whole family. I only, took by accident the wrong tea out of the cabinet. 2 hours later the whole family (9 persons) were fighting for the two bathrooms we had :-)

  19. Anne // May 18, 2010 at 4:08 PM  

    What a day you had! We all have days like that! The good thing is that we know that the next day will be better!
    Here's to a better day!
    Smiles!

  20. Marlene // May 18, 2010 at 4:17 PM  

    I am trying REALLY hard not to laugh. Really. I am.

  21. Mrs.B // May 18, 2010 at 5:06 PM  

    I always keep snacks in my purse just in case! I just subscribed to your blog. I look forward to future posts and sharing my own experiences!

  22. Marice // May 18, 2010 at 5:13 PM  

    awwww funny but I have been there too. Now I learned my lesson, I always stacked up some biscuits on my pedestal :)

  23. Kathy // May 18, 2010 at 10:11 PM  

    Your post about eating the fiber cookies was hilarious! Being at school is sort of like being in prison, isn't it? Only those who've worked in one would understand!

    That was a bummer about losing the report cards on the computer, especially this time of the year!

    Our school got out today. I know the teachers are glad. I used to be glad, too.

    Your comment about the younger teacher feeling threatened by my experience was "right on". In addition to that, her work ethics were a lot different than mine. So many things were NOT going on in that classroom that should've been, and a few things were going on that SHOULDN"T ever go on in class--like college homework! All of those things combined made a bad situation, so I quit.

    I really do enjoy your school stories! Have a great summer!

  24. Big Mama Cass // May 18, 2010 at 10:28 PM  

    LMFAO!! Dude. That sounds convincing. I am going to get some of those to keep here when I need a little extra "push" No pun intended. :)

  25. Frugal Vicki // May 19, 2010 at 3:27 PM  

    ROFLMBO! I would feel bad for you, but I am laughing way too hard! What a rotten day!

  26. Teresa @ ♥ Too Many Heartbeats ♥ // May 19, 2010 at 3:51 PM  

    That is TOO funny! I bet you'll take your own snacks from now own. :0)

    Thanks for the laugh!

    Teresa <><

  27. RNSANE // May 19, 2010 at 9:06 PM  

    I love your idea of returning the junk mail to the sender, plus some heavy items in their postage paid envelopes. That's terrific!

  28. Messy Mommy // May 19, 2010 at 10:20 PM  

    Hahahah That's hilarious!!!!!! On of my fave things about student teaching was the food! THere was ALWAYS food in the teacher's lounge!

  29. Adrienne // May 19, 2010 at 11:55 PM  

    Sorry you lost all your stuff..I hate spam, scams and junk =(

  30. Raising Z and Lil C // May 20, 2010 at 8:24 PM  

    Oh no!!! You poor thing....how awful!?!!? You need to stuff your drawers with emergency snacks now so that never happens again. I too like those wafers but you do have to be careful :)

  31. Unknown // May 22, 2010 at 2:07 AM  

    I knew where that one was going!!!! lol.....

  32. Tree // May 22, 2010 at 11:07 AM  

    Oh MY! And the Metamucil label didn't give you a clue? LOL I love this post! I completely understand that need to feed when it hits you. I probably would've done the same thing! tee hee

  33. A GAL NEEDS... // May 29, 2010 at 8:23 PM  

    Hey, when you're that hungry, anything halfway decent tasting will do and apparently Metamucil w/ cinnamon more than just fills the bill! It's the afterward that is the problem! Thanks for the smiles!