It is always exciting to get ready for a new school year. One year another teacher and I went to an office supply store to purchase containers for our classrooms as well as other needed supplies. We wanted to be ready to welcome our new students the following week. My teacher friend drove her SUV because it could hold so much more than my Honda accord.

I loaded up my cart with numerous containers to hold games and manipulatives and managed to finish shopping before my teacher friend. I waved her down and told her that I was going to head out to her car and would wait for her there.

Once I found her car, I unloaded all of my containers and neatly stacked them in the trunk section. I got in the car and pulled out a paperback that I had been reading while I waited for my friend. All of a sudden a man opened the door on the driver's side. "May I help you?" I asked in a surprised tone. He replied that he was about to ask me the same thing. I looked at him with a puzzled expression until he said "This is my car!"

Oops! After apologizing profusely, I found my discarded cart and loaded it back up with my purchases. The car owner chuckled as he helped me reload the cart. Sheepishly, I waved goodbye and looked for my friend's car. "How did I beat you out here?" she asked once I found it with her waiting inside. "It's a long story" I replied as I opened her trunk and once again loaded my purchases in the back.

15 comments

  1. Angie // February 16, 2010 at 7:34 PM  

    Oh MY Goodness, that is so funny! I was laughing like crazy because that is totally something I would do!

    Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog!

    I am your newest follower!

  2. VKT // February 16, 2010 at 8:04 PM  

    Thanks Angie! I don't know who was more shocked...him or me? Ack.

  3. Castles Crowns and Cottages // February 16, 2010 at 9:58 PM  

    VKT,

    I am so delighted to meet you! Thank you for coming to my escape into fairy world! I am a 7 year "veteran" teacher in a French immersion school, and like you, I could write a book. This year is a difficult year for me, but I must hang in there. Thank you for stopping by; please know that you are welcome and know that I do am an educator with much to learn and share!!!

    Anita

  4. Amy C // February 16, 2010 at 10:47 PM  

    heee heee heee, that's so funny what a great gigggly story

  5. Dan // February 17, 2010 at 12:27 AM  

    That is soooooo embarrassing! I'm sure you gave that man something to laugh about the rest of his life. lol. Thanks for the excellent story!

  6. Marcie J // February 17, 2010 at 8:24 AM  

    haha! That is funny! That's almost happened to me...many a time

    Thanks for the msg on my blog - I actually enjoy your stories so much I joined your site and decided to include you in a blogging award I created - check it out -
    www.tinkerbellys.blogspot.com

  7. Terri // February 17, 2010 at 9:40 AM  

    How funny! I can see me doing that! Thanks for making me laugh this morning :) I have enjoyed reading you blog.

  8. Bonnie // February 17, 2010 at 9:58 AM  

    Hi VKT, now this is something I would totally do. I have stolen other peoples carts while I am grocery shopping...just not paying attention!

    Thanks for visiting my blog. Please come back anytime you are more than welcome.

    Bonnie

    PS - I see a comment from Anita, she has a few wonderful blogs to visit!

  9. Robinsgothealth.com // February 17, 2010 at 11:00 AM  

    That is scary and a relief all in the same day. Thanks for showing how human you are. We all have a story or two, some of us not so willing to tell...smile!

    Yours in Health,
    Robin

  10. Barry Business // February 17, 2010 at 11:05 AM  

    Haha, that's crazy! I'd love to know what he'd do if you'd gotten all indignant and refused to move, insisting that it was your car instead of his! New follower...

  11. Wapatu // February 17, 2010 at 3:43 PM  

    What a wonderful story. Who was more surprised you or him? It's nice to know there are still places where you can leave your car doors unlocked. I've enjoyed reading your posts!

  12. I Wonder Wye // February 17, 2010 at 5:52 PM  

    OMG!! How funny! Good thing the guy had a sense of humor and was kind enough to help you get your stuff out! Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day.

  13. Deborah Stewart // February 17, 2010 at 7:15 PM  

    That is hilarious! A few weeks ago I bought an entire cart full of school supplies but forgot where I parked my car. It was 30 degrees and windy. I walked up and down every lane until I finally remembered that I didn't drive my car - I had borrowed my daughters. Thanks for visiting my blog today!

  14. VKT // February 17, 2010 at 7:24 PM  

    Lol Deborah....at least you didn't crawl into someone else's! I really enjoyed your blog!

    I agree with you Wye. I am glad he had a sense of humor too...whew.

    Wapatu,

    I would say it was a tie....he was as shocked as I was.

    Stanley,

    I imagine he would have called the police and I can't say I would have blamed him. I felt sooooo foolish....ack.

    Robin,

    Thanks for stopping by. Can you make this old veteran look as good as you do in your blog? You are the picture of health young lady!

    Bonnie,

    You sound like my kind of person! I enjoyed your blog!

    Terri,

    It is always a treat to visit yours dear lady!

  15. VKT // February 17, 2010 at 7:26 PM  

    Dan, Marcine and Amy,

    Thanks for stopping in. It is funny now when I remember it but I was probably as red as a beet when I realized what I had done. sigh