Every year my school has a wonderful Christmas program that involves all of the children in the lower grades. This year, one of my colleagues looked stunning when she arrived to help supervise her students during the program. I later learned that she was headed to her husband's Christmas party immediately following the program. I walked over to her and  said "You look absolutely gorgeous tonight!" She was sitting beside a precious little boy who had been in my summer art class. He hopped up and, flashing his big brown eyes at me, asked "Mrs. B, do I look absolutely gorgeous tonight too?" I told him he did indeed and he just grinned from ear to ear.

Speaking of outfits,  I remember one particular morning when I had managed to get dressed in five minutes and fly out the door so I would not be late for school. I had  applied mascara to one eye while I drove, but had forgotten the other eye as I mentally took an inventory of what I had to do when I got to school. Catching a glimpse of my hair in the reflection of the glass entry door, I saw that my hair flipped up on one side and under on the other as I entered the building. It is definitely going to be one of those "bad hair days" I inwardly groaned as I trudged into my classroom. 

One of my little charges immediately walked up to me and greeted me with" Mrs. B, you look beautiful today!" I looked at him and said "Sweetie, Mrs. B is a lot of things, but this morning...she is by no means beautiful." He thought for a minute, then replied innocently "Well,......... your pants are beautiful!"  I couldn't resist. I reached down laughing and gave him a big hug! I love teaching young children!

5 comments

  1. Terri // February 18, 2010 at 10:28 AM  

    I love kids!

  2. VKT // February 18, 2010 at 11:49 AM  

    Me too Terri! I absolutely love my job! What a gift from God they are!

  3. Amy C // February 18, 2010 at 2:30 PM  

    that's so sweet, the honesty of children is so wonderful.

  4. Pam // February 19, 2010 at 6:21 PM  

    When I was student teaching one of my students walked up to me and said, "Mrs. W., you look so pretty today!" Before I could say, Thank You, she added, "What happened?"
    It's really funny now. : )

  5. VKT // February 20, 2010 at 9:54 PM  

    I agree Amy.

    Pam.....too funny! BTW...your girls are lovely!!!! Great blog you have!