Lunch duty is always a treat in elementary schools. You are up more than you are down opening milk cartons, handing out condiments, replacing dropped utensils, and wiping up spills.

One day, as I sat with my students, I was called over to help a child open his milk carton. When I got back to my seat, I took at drink of my tea. The child next to me asked "Does it taste good?". I told her that it did indeed. She smiled proudly and said "I stirred it for you!" Holding my cup in midair since I was about to take another sip, I asked "How did you stir it for me?" She smiled again and held up her index finger.

Another time, I brought a fast food salad. The child beside me exclaimed "Oohhhhhhh, I love those little baby tomatoes!" The next thing I knew she was reaching over and popping them in her mouth.

Let this be a lesson to all you young teachers out there. Never leave your lunch unguarded!

2 comments

  1. MM // February 10, 2010 at 1:04 PM  

    very cute post...i'm sure you have tons of humorous stories working with kids all the time...keep up the good blogs!

  2. VKT // February 10, 2010 at 1:43 PM  

    Thanks MM. I appreciate ou taking the time to read it.