Okay, I have to confess, I was so tired after school yesterday that I went to bed early. I am going to post a quick saying by one of my students and then give out some awards! Yesterday  a parent  volunteer was writing with one of my students when she looked down at his shoes and said "I used to have a pair of shoes just like that when I was a little girl!" My little charge looked up at her with alarm and replied "Oh no, did these used to be yours?" He has an older brother and obviously is used to hand me downs.

I got four awards from some of my blogging buddies recently. Amy over at Chapters of Me gave me the Honest Scrap award last Thursday. You need to go check out her blog. She and her family are about to embark on building a new home and they are so excited about it!


So, the rules for this award are pretty simple...I need to list 10 things about myself and then pass the award along to 10 friends.


1. I am an older than dirt Kindergarten teacher with a 21 year old daughter, a husband and a dog named Pumpkin.

2. I have been married for 34 years to my sweet and patient husband. He just passed  his Pro certification in tennis and plays in lots of tournaments. He got laid off in November 2009 after 27 years.

3. I have been in education for 34 years. I currently teach in a wonderful private Christian K-12 school and have 16 adorable students!

4. I love to draw. I was a double major in Art and English in undergraduate school. I especially enjoy doing portraits.

5. I call my daughter our miracle baby. I had three miscarriages prior to her birth.

6. I will never win any awards for my cooking. Even my dog turns her nose up at it. That's sad.

7. I love to have an end of the year party for my students. It used to drive my daughter crazy but now she likes to come and help.

8. I love to eat.

9. I love my job!

10. I broke my hip four years ago when I grabbed a child to keep him from falling down a steep flight of stairs. I stopped him and then I went down and heard a crack!

So, now I need to pass this award on to ten other fantastic bloggers.

Tree at Mother of Pearl
Shell at Things I Can't Say
Sienna at Hon, What's For Dinner?
Dustine at Must Be Miracles
Robyn at One of the Jones
Ms. A at Ms. Anthropy..Sarcastic Granny
Debbie at It's Complicated
Theresa at Substitute Teacher's Saga
Karen at Kbladosdesign 
Jenny at Jenny Matlock

My three blogger friends Sienna, Robyn and Glenda 09 gave me the Sunshine award. I am very excited about it. Now, I get the privilege of passing it on to 12 of my favorite bloggers. This is the hardest task. So many to choose from.

And the award goes to...
1. Vicky at Frugal Mom Knows Best
2. Amy at Chapters Of Me
3. Crystal at Soup Baby
4. Andrea at Arise2Rite
5. Bernie at On My Own
6. Kristen at A Teacher's Faith
7. Jamie at Pure Joy
8. Stacey at Daily Gems From God's Jewelry Box
9.Coreen at Velvet Over Steel
10. Heather at Shhh...Mommy's Hiding
12. Marla at Butts and Ashes

Now you have to find twelve of your favorite blogs to pass this award onto! Good luck.

47 comments

  1. Anonymous // April 21, 2010 at 9:45 PM  

    Congrats on your awards. Well deserved :o) ooh number 10 made me cringe... breaking your hip eek

  2. Ms. A // April 21, 2010 at 9:47 PM  

    Thank you, teacher.

  3. Theresa Milstein // April 21, 2010 at 10:01 PM  

    Thanks for the award. It was sweet of you to think of me.

    I'm sorry your husband got laid off, but it's nice to hear that he does something else that he loves.

    It's amazing that you've been at this so long. Imagine how many lives you've affected.

    Miscarriages are heart-breaking. I had one. I'm glad you got your miracle baby who's now 21.

    Breaking a bone because you wanted to protect a child is what makes you an amazing person.

  4. One Photo // April 21, 2010 at 10:26 PM  

    Congratulations on your awards - very well deserved! Love the story for today also!

  5. Kristin // April 21, 2010 at 10:34 PM  

    I love you always thinking of me :) Your comments are always such an encouragement to me!

  6. Bits-n-Pieces // April 21, 2010 at 10:40 PM  

    yaay for your awards!! congrats!

  7. Sienna // April 21, 2010 at 11:42 PM  

    THANKS! I am so honored. Kindergartners are so silly...I share a classroom with a kindergarten class, and I love being a fly on their wall!

  8. Tree // April 22, 2010 at 12:25 AM  

    Hey congrats!! And thanks for passing one on to me! :) I have a couple more, so I will make a post after work tomorrow and pass them on!

    You make me laugh with your "older than dirt" comment. You and I have a child the same age...and I'm not old, so you're not! LOL I had no idea you broke your hip...OUCH!!

    Thanks again!

  9. Jill // April 22, 2010 at 2:35 AM  

    Well done on your award my dear.

    Hugs RosieP x

  10. Bernie // April 22, 2010 at 5:03 AM  

    Congratulations my friend, well deserved. Thank you for passing one on to me, I do appreciate it.
    Had to smile at you young charge thinking he may have been wearing those hand me downs....too funny.
    .........:-) Hugs

  11. Jessica // April 22, 2010 at 10:15 AM  

    Congrats on the award! That story about handmedowns is so funny!

  12. Viki // April 22, 2010 at 11:17 AM  

    There's a reason Art Linkletter used to say "kids say the darndest things". Cute thing that little boy said.

  13. Shell // April 22, 2010 at 2:33 PM  

    Love what he said- so cute!

    Thanks for the award!

  14. Christine // April 22, 2010 at 3:58 PM  

    Congrats on your award! I'm following you back from follow friday of last week! Sorry it took so long! Been a crazy week. :)

  15. Charmingdesigns // April 22, 2010 at 8:46 PM  

    Fabulous!! Thanks for coming by! your N's are wonderful, your story wouldn't be the same without them. (insert laughter)

  16. VKT // April 22, 2010 at 8:55 PM  

    It didn't do much for me either Niki.....ewwwwww!

  17. VKT // April 22, 2010 at 8:56 PM  

    You're welcome Ms. A, now go back to the thinking chair for being sarcastic....lol

  18. VKT // April 22, 2010 at 8:56 PM  

    Theresa,

    My doctor told me I was a dummy. He said the child would have faired better than I did...lol

  19. VKT // April 22, 2010 at 8:57 PM  

    Awwwwww thanks Aging Mommy!

  20. VKT // April 22, 2010 at 8:58 PM  

    Dear Kristin,

    You deserve it. You have an amazing heart and you are going to be an amazing teacher!!

  21. VKT // April 22, 2010 at 8:58 PM  

    Thanks Bits!

  22. VKT // April 22, 2010 at 8:59 PM  

    You are welcome Sienna! Kindergarten is never dull, that's for sure.

  23. VKT // April 22, 2010 at 9:00 PM  

    Listen to you Mother of Pearl! You are just a puppy compared to moi! lol

  24. VKT // April 22, 2010 at 9:00 PM  

    Thanks Rosie. You are such a dear.

  25. VKT // April 22, 2010 at 9:01 PM  

    It was funny Bernie. I couldn't help but laugh out loud. He was so serious.

  26. VKT // April 22, 2010 at 9:02 PM  

    Kids are so funny domesticated!

  27. VKT // April 22, 2010 at 9:02 PM  

    I agree Viki!!!

  28. VKT // April 22, 2010 at 9:02 PM  

    You are welcome Shell. Still pulling for your little boy to win!!!

  29. VKT // April 22, 2010 at 9:03 PM  

    Thanks Cristine,

    I am following you back!

  30. VKT // April 22, 2010 at 9:04 PM  

    Thanks Charming....but this wasn't my n post...lol

  31. Robyn Jones // April 23, 2010 at 11:19 AM  

    ..Awww..thanks for thinking of me...Sorry it took so long for me to get back to you...I have had a horrific head cold which has left me feeling rather stoned... LOL! I will try to post it tomorrow...

    Sorry about your hubby getting laid off, My husband was just fired last month after 8 years at the same job...office politics..I was pretty mad, but he had three job offers the same day, and he LOVES his new job, and the pay is better! I hope things worked out for your family as well...

    I feel very fortunate to have five children, but I also know what miscarriage is like...I had one in Sept. and also suffered one when pregnant with my second daughter (a twin) I will never forget that one, as we didn't realize until a month later, I was still pregnant with another baby! Great getting to know you a little more..Have a great weekend!

  32. VKT // April 23, 2010 at 1:46 PM  

    I hope you feel better soon Robyn. I am so sorry that you have been ill. My husband is older than yours and I honestly think that has something to do with the difficulty he is having finding a job.

  33. cfoxes33 // April 23, 2010 at 3:29 PM  

    Wow! I love your site! Thanks for the invite. I have several friends who are elementary teachers. Ah, the memories.

  34. Unknown // April 23, 2010 at 4:30 PM  

    Following you now! I used to teach kindergarten at a Christian School too. So fun!!

    http://lewiscrazyhouse.blogspot.com

  35. Susie Buetow // April 23, 2010 at 7:35 PM  

    I love lil' kid funnies. One of the 4 year old in our preschool asked me "why do you wear the same shoes everyday". I'm wondering how they remember what shoes I wore yet can't remember the number 39. lol Thanks for stopping in my blog, Scraps of Life! I'm your newest blogger friends! Hope you come friend me back! http://cafescrapper-scrapsoflife.blogspot.com

  36. The Mayor! // April 23, 2010 at 9:03 PM  

    Sigh...my hubby just got "packaged out" after 20 years with his company. He is the only income in our family of 6, 4 kids under the age of 12. Never easy, I wish i had followed my mother's...& YOUR path LOL....& been a Kindergarten teacher! I'm all about the kids, AND we'd have an income to get us through! Think I will send my mom your way too, she'd get a kick out of your blog LOL! I love it cause I've had someone in Kindergarten for the last 8 yrs, my 4th about to start! :-D

  37. Anonymous // April 23, 2010 at 9:53 PM  

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! I just became a follower of yours and would love it if you would follow mine!

    - Megan
    http://meganscreativecorner.blogspot.com

  38. VKT // April 24, 2010 at 3:31 PM  

    Thanks for dropping by C Foxes. Come back anytime.

  39. VKT // April 24, 2010 at 3:32 PM  

    Wow Sarah. Good to know. Do you miss teaching?

  40. VKT // April 24, 2010 at 3:36 PM  

    I did indeed Susie! Thanks!

  41. VKT // April 24, 2010 at 3:37 PM  

    Golly, The Mayor,

    Bless his heart! I know that put a lot of pressure on him. I hope he finds something else very soon.

  42. VKT // April 24, 2010 at 3:38 PM  

    I am following you Megan. Thanks for following mine!

  43. VKT // April 24, 2010 at 9:35 PM  

    Thanks Lisa! You too!

  44. Karen Blados // April 24, 2010 at 11:21 PM  

    Thanks for the mention ... I appreciate it. You're a daily read for me, if not a daily comment lately. As soon as the weather turns nice, we head outside to enjoy every available minute.

    Best regards,
    Karen

  45. VKT // April 25, 2010 at 1:44 PM  

    Karen,

    You are a daily read for me too. I love your beautiful creations. BTW, I love your new pic!

  46. kristi // April 25, 2010 at 7:06 PM  

    Not sure if you follow me, but I love your blog. It always makes me smile!

  47. VKT // April 25, 2010 at 9:49 PM  

    Dear Kristi,

    I do follow your blog and have left comments a number of times. I laughed when you talked a few months ago about your son saying he wanted to stay home from school. Blessings sweet lady