Okay, I have to confess, I was so tired after school yesterday that I went to bed early. I am going to post a quick saying by one of my students and then give out some awards! Yesterday a parent volunteer was writing with one of my students when she looked down at his shoes and said "I used to have a pair of shoes just like that when I was a little girl!" My little charge looked up at her with alarm and replied "Oh no, did these used to be yours?" He has an older brother and obviously is used to hand me downs.
I got four awards from some of my blogging buddies recently. Amy over at Chapters of Me gave me the Honest Scrap award last Thursday. You need to go check out her blog. She and her family are about to embark on building a new home and they are so excited about it!
So, the rules for this award are pretty simple...I need to list 10 things about myself and then pass the award along to 10 friends.
1. I am an older than dirt Kindergarten teacher with a 21 year old daughter, a husband and a dog named Pumpkin.
2. I have been married for 34 years to my sweet and patient husband. He just passed his Pro certification in tennis and plays in lots of tournaments. He got laid off in November 2009 after 27 years.
3. I have been in education for 34 years. I currently teach in a wonderful private Christian K-12 school and have 16 adorable students!
4. I love to draw. I was a double major in Art and English in undergraduate school. I especially enjoy doing portraits.
5. I call my daughter our miracle baby. I had three miscarriages prior to her birth.
6. I will never win any awards for my cooking. Even my dog turns her nose up at it. That's sad.
7. I love to have an end of the year party for my students. It used to drive my daughter crazy but now she likes to come and help.
8. I love to eat.
9. I love my job!
10. I broke my hip four years ago when I grabbed a child to keep him from falling down a steep flight of stairs. I stopped him and then I went down and heard a crack!
So, now I need to pass this award on to ten other fantastic bloggers.
Tree at Mother of Pearl
Shell at Things I Can't Say
Sienna at Hon, What's For Dinner?
Dustine at Must Be Miracles
Robyn at One of the Jones
Ms. A at Ms. Anthropy..Sarcastic Granny
Debbie at It's Complicated
Theresa at Substitute Teacher's Saga
Karen at Kbladosdesign
Jenny at Jenny Matlock
My three blogger friends Sienna, Robyn and Glenda 09 gave me the Sunshine award. I am very excited about it. Now, I get the privilege of passing it on to 12 of my favorite bloggers. This is the hardest task. So many to choose from.
And the award goes to...
1. Vicky at Frugal Mom Knows Best
2. Amy at Chapters Of Me
3. Crystal at Soup Baby
4. Andrea at Arise2Rite
5. Bernie at On My Own
6. Kristen at A Teacher's Faith
7. Jamie at Pure Joy
8. Stacey at Daily Gems From God's Jewelry Box
9.Coreen at Velvet Over Steel
10. Heather at Shhh...Mommy's Hiding
12. Marla at Butts and Ashes
Now you have to find twelve of your favorite blogs to pass this award onto! Good luck.