My sweet blogging friend Life Is A Sandcastle passed this task on to me. Thanks for mentioning me in your blog and highlighting me as a blogger you tagged.

Here are the rules:
1. Open your 1st Photo folder.
2. Scroll to the 10th photo.
3. Post the photo and the story behind it.
4. Tag 5 or more people

This is our dog Pumpkin. During her sophomore year in college, my daughter came home from visiting an out of town friend with .....a dog. She found Pumpkin in a shelter and fell in love with her. We told her not to bring a dog home, but she was already on her way home. This picture was taken  last Christmas. Now, we don't know what we would do without her. I do think Pumpkin suffered some abuse early in her life because she initially would flinch when we went to pet her and did not like men at all. She still dislikes all men with the exception of my husband. She adores children and loves it when my students come over to visit. We think she is part dachshund and part beagle. Isn't she a cutie!

Now it's my turn to tag. Below is a collection of bloggers who will entertain you, make you think, and sometimes make you sad. I love reading each and every one of them. Okay my blogging buddies, start looking for a photo. Happy Saturday to all!

1. Ellen in America...My very first and special blogging friend   Ellen In America
2. Heather....My funny and likable blogging buddy   This Is The Day
3.Terri......My blogging friend who I would love to meet   The Four Scarbarys
4. Brenda Susan....My thought provoking blogging friend     Walking Butterfly
5. Theresa...My talented writer AND teacher blogging friend   Substitute Teacher's Saga
6. Andrea........My inspirational blogging friend      Arise To Write
7. Choices.......My interesting and helpful blogging buddy   Love To Teach
8. Debbie........My favorite blogger friend   Debbiedoos
9. Kelly...........My passionate blogging friend  God Bless My Boys
10.Karen........My  very talented professional artist blogging friend    Kbladosdesign
11.Angie.........My bubbling personality blogging friend    Just Shy Of A "Y"   
12. Tree.........My informative and resourceful blogging friend  Mother Of Pearl It Is
13. Debbie....My strong motivational blogging friend Single Mom In A Complicated World
14. Stacey....My mentor blogging friend Daily Gems From God's Jewelry Box

Okay, I can't close without a funny story. I like to have an annual party at my home for my students. I am usually exhausted when it is over but they have a blast. One year, when my husband came up from the basement area to say hi, one little boy looked at him and said "Are you Ms. B's Daddy?" My daughter and I  teased him about it for years.....lol.

I look forward to getting to know all my blogging buddies better!

30 comments

  1. Life Is A SandCastle // March 27, 2010 at 10:21 PM  

    Pumpkin is just the sweetest!! We saved an abused puppy and have had him since 2001. Turned out to be pet ever and he loves the kids. Thanks for playing along.

  2. May Be Miracles // March 27, 2010 at 10:35 PM  

    Pumpkin is adorable. What a sweet story. We saved an abused dog when I was maybe in 2nd grade. He quickly became "my" dog...followed me everywhere...slept in my room, etc. I think he was a year when we got him and we (my parents after I left for college) had him for 13 years.
    Enjoy your weekend!!

  3. VKT // March 27, 2010 at 10:46 PM  

    You were sweet to tag me Life. I hope you have had a great day!

  4. VKT // March 27, 2010 at 10:47 PM  

    Pumpkin is a funny dog May Be Miracles. We think she may be around two years old.

  5. Debbie // March 27, 2010 at 10:49 PM  

    I love pumpkin!! Thanks for tagging me!!!!and for your kind words!!!! BY photo folder do you mean on yoru computer or blog?I am so clueless!!!..:)

  6. Bernie // March 27, 2010 at 10:55 PM  

    Pumpkin is a cute dog and I know how much they become a part of your family.....congrats. on your well deserved award....:-) Hugs

  7. Frugal Vicki // March 27, 2010 at 11:02 PM  

    I love pictures, I would have about fifty different picture directories to choose the specific slot from, lol.
    Pets are funny, how they are so protective and loving. No wonder they are so much like members of the family

  8. VKT // March 28, 2010 at 12:14 AM  

    Beats me Debbie. I just went to the picture file on my computer lol. The "tagee" gets to interpret it any way they want. (Have I been teaching kindergarten too long or what...tagee????)

  9. VKT // March 28, 2010 at 12:15 AM  

    Bernie...thanks but it is just a tag game I think.

  10. VKT // March 28, 2010 at 12:16 AM  

    Frugal Vicki....Consider yourself tagged. Your blog is so interesting and helpful....especially helpful..I mean it! Now go wade through those files and find a pic...then tag your own bloggers.

  11. Brenda Susan // March 28, 2010 at 12:38 AM  

    wow, I am truly honored that I am in your list of blogs you enjoy!! This challenge really looks like a fun one too, I'll probably do it tomorrow afternoon, looking forward to it! Thanks again VKT, funny how I can feel a friendship with someone I have never met!

  12. ellen // March 28, 2010 at 1:27 AM  

    Thank you and I am honored too! This is so sweet of you. I remember our first comments back and forth so well. You are doing such a great job with your blog! I admire you, VTK! I will pass this tag game on my blog, but for now, it is late, I go to bed :-)

  13. Sinful Southern Sweets // March 28, 2010 at 5:15 AM  

    Pumpin is just a doll! Happy Friday Following!

  14. Lauri // March 28, 2010 at 6:34 AM  

    I like Pumpkin. What a sweet face!! We have a dachshund and I can see a little bit of dachshund around Pumpkin's nose. Thanks for the stories!!

  15. Theresa Milstein // March 28, 2010 at 8:46 AM  

    What a sweet story about pumpkin. I guess you're glad you changed you mind about her. She's cute - reminds me a little of the dog my grandmother used to have - Brownie.

  16. Anne // March 28, 2010 at 9:27 AM  

    Thanks for tagging me and your kind words. I am very touched. Am I missing something here, but do I tag your picture on or one of my own? Maybe I have been around children way to long. lol.
    Such a sweet story about Pumpkin. He looks like such a nice dog.
    Thanks again.

  17. Stacey // March 28, 2010 at 10:13 AM  

    I am honored! I am so enjoying getting to know you too - and if we lived close by I am sure we would be good friend! Love Pumpkin. I will find the photo when I get back to South Carolina! But if there were pictures on this computer I am sure I could make up a story!

  18. Angie // March 28, 2010 at 5:32 PM  

    You are so sweet to tag me!

    And your description of me is great...I love that you said that :))

    We have pound puppies too, but you already knew that!

    Have a great Sunday night!

  19. veterankindergartenteacher // March 28, 2010 at 7:58 PM  

    Brenda Susan,

    It is always good to get to know another sister in Christ. I hope you have fun tagging some blogging buddies on your sight.

  20. VKT // March 28, 2010 at 7:59 PM  

    Ellen,

    I rememeber them too! I had no clue what I was doing. It is hard to believe that I have been blogging for almost two months now...woohooo!

  21. VKT // March 28, 2010 at 7:59 PM  

    Thanks Sinful Southern Sweets! I look forward to getting to know you.

    Blessings

  22. VKT // March 28, 2010 at 8:00 PM  

    Glad you enjoyed it Laurie. Have a great week!

  23. VKT // March 28, 2010 at 8:01 PM  

    Theresa,

    We wouldn't know what to do without Pumpkin now. She is part of the family!

  24. VKT // March 28, 2010 at 8:02 PM  

    Dear Anne,

    I saw that you figured it out on your blog. I hope you had fun with tagging some of your bloggers! Have a great week!

  25. VKT // March 28, 2010 at 8:03 PM  

    Stacey,

    You truly are a mentor to me. I read your blog every morning right after my devotions. Have a wonderful week!

  26. VKT // March 28, 2010 at 8:03 PM  

    You too Angie! Blessings to you and your sweet family!

  27. VKT // March 29, 2010 at 7:30 PM  

    Thanks for the comment DWM!

  28. Anonymous // March 30, 2010 at 9:52 AM  

    Following back from Friday Follow. Thanks for visiting!

  29. VKT // March 31, 2010 at 8:22 AM  

    Thank you! I really like your site. Great ideas for saving money!

  30. Heather // April 5, 2010 at 7:47 PM  

    Yep, totally missed this one! So sorry. The last week before spring break was a blur, and now it's already time to start all over again.

    Sigh...

    Only two months to go; my kids get out on June 4th; when is your last day? Do you love summer vacation? Any big plans?