I remember another year where I wanted to create a reading "hut" for my students. I brought in a refrigerator box and planned to decorate it after school. Meanwhile, I had some parent teacher conferences scheduled for that day. We got the children up from rest time and my assistant took them to a special class. A couple arrived and we sat down to discuss their child's progress. As we were talking, I caught movement in the corner of my eye. It looked like the box moved. Was I hallucinating? We continued talking and then the Mom shrieked. The box was scooting toward us. I went over and picked up the box and couldn't believe my eyes. One of my students had decided this looked like a great rest spot and had crawled under the box and fell asleep. From then on, we always counted the children before we marched them off to a special class!

0 comments